Frequently Asked Questions

Your most burning questions about our policies, answered

Get a Quote

So many questions, so little time…

Working with businesses and customers like you across the past 30 years, we’ve been asked a lot of different questions about the insurance policies we offer. Whether it’s about the cover they can expect included, any exclusions, or any additional benefits they may not realise they get with their insurance, we’ve compiled all these questions together into an FAQ. Find out the answers to your most burning questions quickly and easily to get the information you need, when you need it most.

If your question isn’t listed, please feel free to give us a call and one of our team would be more than happy to assist you with your enquiry.

What should I do if I think I might need to claim?

You should notify us immediately, even if you only think you might need to make a claim. We are here to help and quick action could mitigate costs or even prevent a claim. Equally, if you have a routine query on which you would like our opinion, we are always happy to help.

What happens if I make a claim?

Henry Seymour & Co will help you through the claims process and work with you to get a settlement from the insurer. With our in-depth knowledge of the policy cover and our strong relationships with the insurer, we’re well placed to ensure that you and your business get back to normal as quickly as possible.

Do I need to pay any legal costs up front?

No. The insurers will appoint solicitors, where appropriate, to represent you and will pay them directly. You do not need to make any payments to solicitors.

Why should I arrange my insurance with Henry Seymour & Co?

The benefits of arranging your insurance with Henry Seymour & Co include:

  • We understand your business. Our policies are designed for your industry.
  • Our rates are extremely competitive
  • Our policy covers are some of the widest around
  • We have been offering insurance to businesses like yours for more than 35 years
  • We have provided protection for more than 75,000 customers over the years
  • We do not use call centres and are on hand to assist you with any queries you may have
  • We will work with you to support you in the event of a claim
Which insurers do you use?

Our policies are underwritten by a panel of leading UK insurers. All panel insurers have a minimum of an A rating for financial strength and therefore have the ability to meet ongoing financial commitments.

Can I pay my premium in instalments?

Yes, at Henry Seymour & Co we understand that paying your insurance premium in manageable monthly instalments can really improve cashflow within your business. We offer a range of different instalment options dependent upon which insurer you choose.

How do I decide which insurer to choose?

When you contact us for a quotation, we will ask you a range of questions about your business and then offer you one or more quotes to meet your needs. We will explain the differences between the policies and you can decide which policy to choose. Although price is important, as the cover varies between insurers, you should take all factors in to account before making your decision. Whilst we cannot advise which policy you should take, our helpful staff are on hand to give you all the information you need to make your decision.

Will you search the market for me every year?

When you first come to us for a quotation, we will offer you a number of quotations from our panel of insurers. Every year, we will offer renewal terms from your current insurer and if these are not suitable, we may approach all panel insurers again for you and offer you policies to meet your needs. You may then decide each year which policy you would like and can rest assured that you are getting the best value we can offer.

Are you authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority?

Yes, Henry Seymour & Co (Barkdene Ltd) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Can you help me with all types of insurance?

Of course! Please contact us – our advisors are here to help you with all your insurance needs.

What is public liability insurance?

Public Liability insurance provides protection against your legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property arising out of the operation of your business. Limits are available between £1,000,000 and £5,000,000 any one claim and there may be an option to increase this to £10,000,000.

What is Products Liability insurance?

Products Liability insurance provides protection against your legal liability, compensation costs and expenses following injury or damage by products that you have sold or supplied.

Limits are available between £1,000,000 and £5,000,000 any one year.

What is Employers’ Liability insurance?

Employers’ Liability insurance provides protection against your legal liabilities to pay compensation in respect of injury or illness suffered by your employees or trainees in the course of the business.

Do I need Employers’ Liability insurance?

Employers’ Liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ any staff. This includes those who employ trainees or voluntary workers. If you are a limited company and the only employee is also the sole Director, you do not need to purchase this insurance. You also do not legally need to purchase the insurance if you are a family run business and the only employees are close family members.

What is business interruption cover?

Business interruption, also known as loss of profits, will cover you for your loss of profits in the event of a claim. So if there was a fire at your premises for example and you were closed for a month to be refurbished, the business interruption section of the policy will compensate you for any profit lost during the time that you were unable to trade.

Why do you need my ERN number?

If you employ staff and pay them over the tax threshold, you will have been allocated an Employers Reference Number (ERN), also known as your PAYE reference. All insurers providing Employers’ Liability cover need to submit the ERN number to the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (ELTO). ELTO has been set up so that insurers of companies can be traced in the event of a claim being made in the future.

Can you provide cover if I have a previous bankruptcy or IVA?

If you have ever been declared bankrupt or entered in to any form of bankruptcy proceedings, you will need to declare this to us and we will need to refer to insurers for you.

Reviews From Our Brands

4.9 / 5 Based on 5361 Reviews
Read all reviews »

It was an easy, fast and user friendly process to get the insurance cover.

Gabor Adorjan
on Sept 9th

Very quick and straightforward. Wish I’d chosen them sooner

Zenia Frankson
on Sept 2nd

Very easy and straight forward. Spoke to helpful staff online who were quick to respond and deal with my queries. Thank you

Jennifer Kate Knowlson
on Aug 31st

4.9 / 5 Based on 2371 Reviews
Read all reviews »

Always simple and easy to deal with.

Marc Ford
on Sept 8th

really cheap would recommend A+

David Simmons
on Sept 8th

Brilliant!! Just saved over £80 with these guys. Easy to follow prompts and got the job done very quickly.

July Mobsby
on Sept 6th
This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2024 Henry Seymour | Henry Seymour & Co (Barkdene Ltd) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote