We are looking for an outgoing and dynamic individual to join our busy sales team. The successful candidate will have experience of placing open-market, non-scheme commercial insurance policies. You will be results driven and commercially focused with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What will I be doing?
As part of the New Business Team the role will require you to make sales and market products through non-scheme and open market resources. You will be required to maintain thorough understanding or products, process sales and meet sales targets.
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price
- Ensure that clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases. This may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and negotiating with insurers
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients
- Acquire new clients against competitors
- Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries
- Collect insurance premiums and process accounts
- Assist with the renewals of larger key accounts and amendments to policies
What skills and Experience do I need?
- Insurance qualified desirable
- Minimum of 4-5 years previous commercial insurance experience in new business or account management environment (preferably property, liability and motor)
- Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters
- Ability to build, manage and develop relationships
- Numerical skills
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to plan and manage your time and to work on a number of projects concurrently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Understanding of client confidentiality and how to be discreet
- Administrative and IT skills.
- A proactive attitude and enthusiastic approach
- Able to prioritise your workload
- Understanding of principles of insurance
- Commercially focused
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Excellent time management skills
- Displays a willingness to learn from experiences and new situations
- Maintain a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
- Has the ability to work well under pressure
What are the benefits?
- Our newly refurbished modern office is located in the centre of Sutton with easy access to the high street
- Competitive salary
- Easy access to a selection of mainline transport links including rail, bus and car
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 33 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexitime System – up to 10 “flex” days per year
- 35 hour working week – Office hours are 8am to 6pm following shift pattern
- Perkbox and Perkbox Medical subscription
- Option to purchase additional holiday entitlement
- Day off on your birthday